Monday, 03 March 2014 18:37
- 1 6-8 ounce package of regular or gluten free, small pasta such as Spirali or Penne (we used a gluten free pasta combo of quinoa, rice, and corn which excellent).
- 2 - 3 ounce vacuum packages of salmon, smoked salmon or albacore tuna (or use same amount of fresh poached salmon or albacore)
- 5 ounces of Gouda cheese, cut into 1/2 inch chunks or grated- extra cheese needed for garnish
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Fuller's Dill Blend
- 1-2 tablespoon butter (or olive oil) we use butter...delicious
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring 4-6 cups of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain and set aside. While pasta cooks, melt butter or oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and Fuller's Dill Blend about a minute before onions are done, and sauté another 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the salmon or tuna to the onions, add a few pinches of salt. Add the salmon and onion mixture to the pasta, stir in grated cheese and stir to blend.
- Serve pasta hot or warm with extra grated cheese.
A green salad or fresh cut veggies (radish, cucumber, carrots and celery) makes this a complete meal. Finish the meal with crisp slices of chilled Asian or red Anjou pear for dessert. Makes 4 servings.