- 3 halves- skinless, boned chicken breast
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 TBS of fresh minced oregano
- 1-2 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 medium shallot- minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup Fuller’s Lemon Garlic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, margarine or olive oil (for the glaze)
Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet on wax paper or a cutting board to about ¼ inch thick.* Cut each half into two or three portions or into 4″ pieces.
Lightly salt and pepper them. Put the flour into plate or 9 inch pie pan; dredge the breast on both sides in the flour.
Heat a large, heavy sauté pan on medium high, add the butter or olive oil and heat until it sizzles. Add the shallots and sauté until they start to soften, about 2 minutes. Then add several pieces of breasts to the pan (do not crowd) and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until each side is nicely browned. Remove to a heated platter and continue cooking all of the breasts.
Add the additional tablespoon of oil or butter to the pan and raise the heat slightly. After it is hot add the 1/3 cup Lemon Garlic Vinegar and stir to deglaze the pan. Cook on medium high for about 2 minutes then pour the glaze onto the cooked chicken breast and serve immediately.
* Make sure to use a cutting board designated for poultry. Wash board, mallet, and knife with soap and water and allow to air dry before using again.