Dressing (make before preparing greens):
- ¼ cup Fuller’s Basil Vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1/2 teaspoon agave to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
Blend all the ingredients in a jar and allow to sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 medium head of green or red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 1 basket or 6 ounces ripe cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pecans, lightly toasted
Wash the arugula and lettuce, and tear into smaller pieces. Add with basil to large salad bowl. Slice the tomatoes in half and add to salad. Give the dressing a mix before dressing the salad. Toss and top with pecans. Serves 6.