Pasta is a welcomed entrée during cold weather especially when it’s topped with a hearty, herb laced, tomato sauce. The Paravangna Blend delivers a balanced interplay with the tomatoes–spicy and aromatic. We like adding the mined garlic at the end for an added punch of flavor.
- 28 oz. can of crushed or ground tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of plain tomato sauce
- 1 4 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ounces or 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup hearty red wine
- 4 teaspoons Fuller’s Paravangna Blend (more or less to taste)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
Add the olive oil to 2 quart pan or skillet and heat. Saute the onion until translucent. Add the Paravangna Blend stir in and cook for 2 minutes more. Add ground tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine and salt. Stir.
Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer or low. Cook partially covered for about 1 ½-2 hours. Remove from heat.
Mince or crush the garlic in a garlic press add to the sauce along with black pepper. Stir, cover and allow to mellow for about 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with on your favorite pasta, on chicken or veal, or as the base for Eggplant Parmasean.