The tangy combination of crisp green beans, coupled with the bold flavors of broccoli and beets makes a delightful side dish appropriate for many different entrées. It’s important that the green beans and broccoli are only steamed lightly since they will soften more with the addition of the hot marinade.
- 1 cup cooked beets-sliced or 3 small fresh beets, cooked tender then sliced
- 1 cup steamed green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces (cooked until tender but still firm)
- ½ cup steamed broccoli florets (tender but crisp)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Fuller’s Tarragon, Winter Thyme or Raspberry Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (1 tablespoon if using Raspberry Vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup Feta Cheese (optional)
Heat the vinegar and water to boiling in a stainless steel or glass pan. Add the sugar and salt and stir to dissolve. Pour the hot mixture over vegetables in a bowl; cover and marinate several at least an hour. Using a slotted spoon scoop the vegetables from the marinade and arrange on a platter or on small individual plates.
If desired top with crumbled feta cheese. Serves 4.