This quick tofu recipe is tasty and very satisfying. Simply add the herbs and seasoning to the tofu and stir-fry until it is caramelized and brown. Use a firm tofu for the best results.
For one sandwich:
- 2 1/2 inch slices of firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoon Fuller’s Paravangna, Dill or Beaujolais Blend
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2-4 slices of sharp cheddar or jack cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat or sour dough bread
Condiments of your choice:
Mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, slice onion
Heat a small pan on medium high heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive or sesame seed oil. Sprinkle herbs onto the sliced tofu and then sear both sides until golden brown. Add the soy sauce and cook about two minutes more on each side. Turn off heat and place cheese on tofu and cover until melted. Toast bread and add the condiments. Then add the tofu.